Sunday 20 January 2013

How 3D Works And The Difference Betwen Regular 3D and IMAX 3D [Video]

IMAX 3d 101
Some time back, I posted a question via thumb app (an iOS app where you can post any question for other users to response with Thumb Up or Thumb Down) as to whether they like 3D movie. You know what? Only about 30% respondents said they like 3D movie. 

This might not reflect much but I do believe that not all people like 3D movies, it could be due to the higher ticket price, the uncomfortable 3D glasses or just simply don't like the 3D experience. For me, I liked 3D movies as they provided additional depth to the special effects and/or majestic scene. The effect is even more prominent if it's IMAX 3D. Just imagine the difference between 2D and 3D for the fighting scene in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".

So, how does 3D works and what is the difference between regular 3D and IMAX 3D? This is exactly the topic that I am going to cover today and believe it or not, you should be able to answer these 2 important questions after watching this very educational 2 and a half minutes video.

Enjoy! ;-)

Video Title : IMAX 101 3D
Source : imaxmovies Channel (presenter: Coco)


Hope you have learnt something new today. Do let me know (in the comment section) if this is the kind of post that you want me to share more in the future?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment